Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Elton John pays tribute to Lennon

Sir Elton John paid tribute to late Beatle John Lennon during his 60th birthday Madison Square Garden gig in New York City on Sunday (25 March 07). Lennon made his last public performance alongside the Rocket Man star at the same venue in 1974.

John played his Lennon tribute song Empty Garden for the 20,000 fans and celebrity friends gathered on Sunday. He said, "The reception he got still gives me goosebumps and it makes me very, very sad and happy at the same time because we know what happened a few years later.

"I only ever sing this song here because it's the only place it's appropriate and it's too upsetting for me to sing it anywhere else."

From Contact Music

1 comment:

beatlefan86 said...

I don't really like Elton but it was nice of him to do that song for John.