Thursday, June 22, 2006

Kenwood


Kenwood was the name of the mock-Tudor house on St George's Hill in Weybridge, Surrey where John Lennon lived with Cynthia and Julian between 1964 and 1968.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us




"Weybridge won't do at all. I'm just stopping at it, like a bus stop. Bankers and stockbrokers live there; they can add figures and Weybridge is what they live in and they think it's the end, they really do. I think of it every day - me in my Hansel and Gretel house. I'll take my time; I'll get my real house when I know what I want."
From "How Does A Beatle Live? John Lennon Lives Like This" by Maureen Cleave, 1966.

Here are some pictures of John and Julian in the garden and around the pool area:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

John and Julian indoors:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Cynthia at home:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

A gypsy caravan that John kept in the garden. The psychedelic designs were painted by "The Fool", the same group of artists who painted his Rolls Royce and the Apple building in London.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

John originally wanted to have the floor of his pool covered in mirrors but when it was pointed out that this would be impractical he settled for a giant eye mosaic instead.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Here's a 2002 article about the eye from the Liverpool Echo.

No comments: